The High Power Digital Inrush Current Controller reference design extends IXYSâ€™ Digital Power Control technology to high current levels and introduces high current MOSFETs with current mirror sensors. High power digital inrush current control is based on Zilogâ€™s 8-bit Z8F3281 microcontroller, a member of the Z8 Encore! XP F6482 Series of MCUs, and IXYS power transistors and rectifiers.
The primary features of the High Power Digital Inrush Current Controller reference design include:
- Input voltage range from 80 V to 240 V RMS
- Steady load current up to 10 A
- Programmable overload protection
- Power Good status signal high endurance
- Not sensitive to power outage or brownout
- Not sensitive to ambient temperature variations
- Voltage ripples 12% at 10 A load current and output capacitance of 3000 ÎĽF
This High Power Digital Inrush Controller Reference Design Kit contains the following items:
- Digital Inrush Current Controller Reference Design Block
- Opto-isolated USB SmartCable
- Digital Inrush Controller Reference Design Kit Insert
To download documentation and software, or to learn more, see the High Power Digital Inrush Current Controller product page on zilog.com.